Hoseasons Customer Choice Awards in 2018, 2019 and 2020
Wilby Halt is the last but one completed carriage at Brockford Siding. At its centre is the small station building which is a copy of the station at Wilby on the Mid Suffolk Light Railway. Wilby Halt is a small station complete with an original box wagon and carriage.
Click thumbnails below to enlarge
The three units are linked by a platform and can sleep 4/5 people. A double bedroom in the very comfortable box wagon sleeps two, while the Station building is another well appointed bedroom with a bunk bed for two together with a single bed. Both bedrooms are linked and share a shower room with basin and toilet. Across the small platform the rail carriage provides a delightful sitting area together with a well equipped kitchen/ dining area.
Wilby Halt enjoys good views across open countryside, while the 1 acre site of the Brockford Railway Sidings is surrounded by country lanes and farmland. This is an ideal location for those who enjoy cycling, walking and/or relaxing and getting away from it all in the depths of the countryside.
• Private use of owner’s indoor pool . Our booking system will be explained on arrival. Heated May to October and sometimes a little later or earlier, please ask (0.75 miles)
• Private use of owner’s luxury hot tub and sauna also 0.75 miles away (booking as above)
• Playground ” The Signal Box ” ideal for children under 10 years old
• Free Wifi on site
• Off-road parking on site
• Shared 1 acre garden with own patio and outdoor furniture for alfresco dining
• Accessible via three steps so unsuitable for wheelchair users
• No smoking
• Electricity included
• Heating: all electric
• Linen, towels, crockery and other items expected on a self-catering break
• TV with freeview, and radio
• Cot and high chair available on request